SEAMASTER 007 EDITION
Diver 300M Co‑Axial Master Chronometer 42 mm
- Between lugs: 20 mm
- Bracelet: titanium
- Case: Titanium
- Case diameter: 42 mm
- Dial colour: Brown
- Crystal: Domed, scratch‑resistant sapphire crystal with anti‑reflective treatment inside
- Water resistance: 30 bar (300 metres / 1000 feet)
- Titanium alloys are light, corrosion-resistant, biochemically inert and able to withstand extreme temperatures. These properties make them particularly appropriate for products in the aircraft, spacecraft and medical sectors. They achieve the perfect balance between solidity, corrosion-resistance and workability. Grade 2 titanium offers a dim grey colour and suits mostly “brushed” finished pieces. It has featured in a number of OMEGA timepieces used for sport and space exploration, where light reflections should be avoided.
- Aluminium has the advantage of being a truly lightweight material used for decorative components. Through anodisation, it offers an extensive range of colours for the creation of eye-catching watch parts such as bezel rings, applied elements on the dial, and hands. In particular, OMEGA’s special anodisation process has achieved aluminium bezel rings that are nearly double as hard as regular versions, therefore making them more resistant to outer damage.
- To really appreciate the finer details of a timepiece, OMEGA uses synthetic sapphire crystal with a highly scratch-resistant and anti-reflective treatment. Before the machining and finishing processes take place, the sapphire crystals are produced under the Verneuil process, also called flame fusion. It involves the melting of the raw substance using oxyhydrogen flame and the crystallisation of the melted droplets to form a cylinder. Graded 9 on the Mohs-hardness scale (graded 1-10), the resulting sapphire crystals are virtually scratch-proof and very hard, ensuring an unhindered vision at all times.
Inside this timepiece are the revolutionary components that guarantee the highest standards of performance. From the Co-Axial escapement for long-lasting precision, to the silicon balance spring for superior anti-magnetism, OMEGA has conquered every challenge that matters.
CALIBRE OMEGA 8806
Self-winding movement with a Co-Axial escapement. Certified Master Chronometer, approved by METAS, resistant to magnetic fields reaching 15,000 gauss. Free sprung-balance with silicon balance spring, automatic winding in both directions. Special luxury finish with rhodium-plated rotor and bridges with Geneva waves in arabesque.